Part time Direct Tax Advisor
Our client is looking for Direct Tax Advisors to join a collaborative team of 8 direct tax and 5 VAT advisors based in Rugby, Warwickshire.
This team provides telephone advice to a variety of accountants and tax advisors, from sole practitioners to multi-office practices, and also to members of various trade bodies.
They also provide written consulting advice to more detailed queries and offer technical support to other departments within the firm, including the tax investigations, claims and legal advice teams.
They advise across all UK direct taxes, including IT, CGT, CT, Capital allowances, PAYE and NIC, IR35, IHT, Trusts, Stamp Duty and SDLT, residency and domicile issues and partnerships.
Duties and accountabilities
- Deal with telephone calls in a courteous, enthusiastic and efficient manner
- Research queries and provide answers supported by legislation and HMRC references whilst managing clients' expectations
- Provide support to and share ideas/knowledge with other members of the advice team, including coaching and assisting less experienced colleagues
- Ensure accuracy in advice and actions taken, in accordance with FCA and other regulations
- Manage own time resources and workload to ensure calls are dealt with promptly
- Accurately record advice given
- Maintain and update tax knowledge
Skills, knowledge and experience The successful candidate will:
- Possess significant working knowledge of taxation
- Demonstrate practical experience of dealing with, and advising clients
- Communicate in a clear and effective manner both in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate efficient organisational skills
Tax and accountancy qualifications are useful but not essential
Location, Rugby, Warwickshire
Flexibility: 4 days a week or 5 shorter days
Salary: to GBP40K FTE plus excellent benefits