Financial Controller - Logistics
Robert Half is currently recruiting for a Financial Controller for a leading distribution organisation in South Derbyshire.
The role will see someone join the business in an all-round FC role managing a growing team of accountants and ledger staff. The business is going through a period of positive change that will see the Finance Director move away from day-to-day finance, therefore you should feel comfortable in an autonomous role.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Management of the finance team
- Oversee completion of management accounts
- Reconciliation of balance sheet
- Review of overheads on a monthly basis
- Manage the year-end audit process
- Overhead budgets and forecasts
- Manage and report on daily, weekly and monthly cash flow
- Assist the Finance Director in ad hoc projects
The right person for this role will be a Qualified Accountant who has a strong track record of progression in your career. Due to the system changes that are happening within the business and the extensive growth they are seeing, there may be long-hours and some tough challenges to face. This role will suit someone who looks at them as an opportunity to learn and develop their skill-set. If someone wants to be a Finance Director, or CFO of the future this role will give them the opportunity to develop a lot of skills towards this.
Some of your key skills and experience will be:
- Experience in a Finance Manager of Financial Controller role previously
- Good commercial acumen with the ability to communicate clearly to stakeholders of all levels.
- Adaptability to work in a changing environment
- Strong technical finance skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience using large ERP systems
The role is to work for a large distribution business that are looking at taking their successful UK model overseas. There is a finance team of around 15 people and operations throughout the UK. The culture is one of hard work, but is relaxed and not overly corporate.
Salary and Benefits
This role is looking to pay around GBP50,000 - GBP60,000 + Benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.