Automated QA Engineer
Union Street Technologies is the UK's leading supplier of billing, provisioning, and customer management solutions to communication providers operating in the telecoms, data, and IT sectors.
The company's award winning aBILLity??? billing software is used extensively throughout the UK and Europe to manage communications and data services including fixed line, cloud, mobile, data and next generation networks.
Union Street's commitment to developing innovative software is matched by its commitment to providing comprehensive training, support, consultancy, and account management for its clients, ensuring they are able to leverage maximum value from its solutions.
Our QA team is seeking an experienced Automated QA Engineer to come and join them at out Head Office located in Richmond, Surrey.
Main Job Purpose
The main purpose of the role is to ensure all software produced by Union Street is fully tested throughout the development lifecycle. The Test Analyst will be involved in all areas of testing from test planning through to Automation QA, to produce high quality software.
The Automation QA Engineer will work within the Agile framework as part of a Scrum team focused on short development Sprints and regular release cycles. The QA Engineer will be involved in Sprint planning, helping to describe features and produce upfront test cases and scenarios with an emphasis on prevention as well as defect detection.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implement and execute good quality Test cases
- Must be able to write programs in any scripting / programming language (JAVA preferred)
- Expertise in Programming concepts
- Good logical and analytical thinking
- Previous work experience as a Technical Support Analyst is desirable but not mandatory
- Good understanding of complex business systems
- Working knowledge of testing windows desktop and Client-Server applications
- Must be confident to work and liaise with developers to discuss the technical aspects of the system
- Design and implement functional automated test scripts that ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour
- Active participation in Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective
- Attending daily stand ups
- Produce relevant documentation wherever necessary
- To preserve information security, report security breaches, in line with the Information Security Policy , and to act in accordance with the requirements of the Information Security Management System.
- Minimum three years' experience of working within full SDLC
- Minimum two years of Commercial Automation experience
- Thorough working knowledge of structured test methodologies and processes
- Experience of writing programs in any programming language is an absolute requirement (Java preferred)
- Experience writing SQL queries at an intermediate level
- Experience using Windows Services, IIS etc;
- Experience using any project management tool like JIRA
- Experience with any Functional Automation Testing tool like TestComplete, CodedUI, Selenium Webdriver, QTP etc;
- Experience working with Bug tracking tools and test case management tools
- Communication of problems and issues to the project team in a timely manner and of a quality to ensure fixes are resolved and turned around in a short space of time
- Active in testing communities and happy to share thoughts and views on new technologies
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA
- ISEB or ISTQB accredited
Job Benefits: (subject to passing probation, availability and Line Manager Authorisation)
- Kiddi Vouchers
- Health Care (Opt in)
- Death in Service
- Critical Illness Cover
- Paid training plus an extra 12 days of training per year on new technologies
- Flexible start and finish times (37.5 hour week)
Union Street Technologies is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: GBP40,000.00 /year
- Automation: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- ISEB or ISTQB