Legal Counsel - FMCG Company
Robert Half are hiring for a Legal Counsel for a instantly recognizable multinational FMCG company based in Northampton. This is a full-time permanent position.
Reporting into the Head of Legal, the Legal Counsel will business partner with colleagues from all areas of the business in order to provide accurate and timely legal advice and commercial support to all business functions in the UK, as well as assisting the European business.
- Provide legal support to all areas of the business including the marketing, procurement, sales, quality, finance and logistics teams.
- Liaise with the Senior Legal Counsel and Head of Legal to agree workload and obtain the timely approval of outputs and advice where necessary
- Take instructions directly from the business by building up contacts in each department
- Prioritise workload so as to focus on high risks and value creation
- Provide ad-hoc advice, draft documents and manage risk
- Instruct and manage external lawyers within agreed parameters
- Advise and consult the business based on the accurate interpretation of contract documents and/or applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Share/discuss best practice within the legal team to ensure consistent advice is delivered to stakeholders
- Develop and deliver training to meet the requirements identified by the Head of Legal
- Help to implement group initiatives
The company are looking to hire someone with a law degree who has passed their LPC, ideally with commendation of distinction.
The successful candidate will have worked for a law firm or in a legal position in a large commercial organisation and will have experience in some of the following:
- Promotions and sponsorship
- General contract law
- Competition law
- Data protection
- Business ethics
- Product liability and licensing
The client is an instantly recognizable multinational FMCG company with a global reputation and who are recognized as being on of the premier employers in Northamptonshire.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of GBP40,000 to GBP50,000 plus bonus and benefits package on top
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.