Senior Social Care Manager
A new exciting opportunity with a children's charity in Rushden.
Your new company
Hays is working with one of the best children's charities in the UK, supporting vulnerable and disadvantaged children and their families for 150 years. Their mission is to improve the lives of families and children who are struggling to cope and to give every child the opportunity of a hope-filled life.
Your new role
As a Senior Social Care Manager for this organisation you will be responsible for the following:
Providing Excellent Services
* To ensure high quality provision, with good outcomes, and a positive impact for service users.
* To fulfil the function of Professional Lead for existing, innovative and future service delivery.
* To provide leadership on the formulation, monitoring and continuous improvement of Service Specifications ensuring they represent best practice in the sector context.
* To balance the use of central systems (for consistency, accountability, quality assurance) and good local management to identify, celebrate and replicate good practice, outcomes and
* To ensure, through writing and approving the written work of line reports, that practice and
service delivery related policies, procedures and standards are fit for purpose, proportionate
and relevant to our beneficiaries and workforce audience.
Managing Self and Others
* Act as an effective ambassador and advocate with external organisations.
* To provide routine and ad hoc reports to line manager, CEO, Trustees on performance and
* To fulfil the role of operational Safeguarding Lead.
* To manage through balancing both support and challenge middle managers (professionally
qualified Regional Managers and Practice Improvement Managers).
* To adopt a proportionate approach to supervision and management of middle managers
which holds them to account for performance and respects the need for semi-autonomous
working (i.e. individually, through virtual / temporary task and finish groups and project
* To model a management style that encompasses Spurgeons values and centres on delivering
against objectives, acting resourcefully i.e. identifying options and solutions to problems.
* To oversee significant change programmes in respect of contract mobilisations, project starts
ups, transfers out, and closures, ensuring they are managed sensitively and effectively.
* To ensure the children's workforce have the right knowledge, skills, support and
* To ensure regulator, inspectorate, and contract (commissioner or grant giver) compliance.
* Through the use of management and financial information (e.g. statistics, audit, complaints,
accounts) to deploy resources promptly (judged on levels of risk) to intervene, achieve
improvement and ensure they stick (for individuals, teams, and areas).
* To play an active part towards ensuring income generation (ideas, scoping, writing,
* To promote a culture of collaborative working across functions in order to complete work,
* To ensure sound customer relationship management practice, personally and by line reports.
What you'll need to succeed
An accredited professional qualification (Level 6) in a directly relevant
field (i.e. Social Care, Education, Health, registered with HCPC,
Evidence of management development and/or training in the form of
a recognised management qualification (Level 5).
Evidence of demonstrable success in both the leadership and
effective management of multiple services for children, young
Experience of operating at middle and upper-level management
within a children's services context, reconciling the needs of both.
Evidence of demonstrable success in delivering new activity and
service types (i.e. operationalising strategic decisions).
Experience of leading complex negotiations on behalf of an
organisation relating to complex or sensitive issues (e.g. contracts).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Virginia Bewley now on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.