We are looking for an experienced recruitment specialist, who would relish the challenge of playing a crucial role in the ambitious growth strategy of an innovative education charity.
TalentEd combines qualified teachers and small groups every week to improve academic attainment and future options.
In this role, you'll use your experience to shape the recruitment process, and build relationships as you bring expert teachers on board to help bright disadvantaged young people to realise their potential.
We are looking for a highly competent new member of the team, currently at 4 staff and expanding to 6 this summer. We need a confident and organised communicator, keen to try new ideas and with an outgoing personality.
This list of duties is not exhaustive and colleagues will need to support one another from time to time.
- Leading on the recruitment of expert teachers for programmes across the country and in preparation for future expansion
- Advertising, networking, headhunting and arranging events (in person/online) to connect with expert teachers
- Building relationships with external organisations and individuals to increase exposure
- Arranging and conducting interviews (phone and in person)
- Ensuring compliance including carrying out safeguarding checks
- Working closely with our Tutor Relations Manager to ensure a smooth handover of new recruits
- Maintaining an application pipeline on Salesforce and thorough recruitment records
- Leading on continually improving TalentEd's recruitment processes in preparation for future expansion
- Meeting recruitment deadlines and targets
- Regular reports and quarterly appraisals with Director (Programme and Operations)
You could be someone who wants to use their recruitment experience to make a difference in the third sector, or you may want to stay involved in education recruitment whilst protecting time for other commitments in your life. Whatever your background, you'll be passionate about finding the right people to help our students reach their potential.
- Desire to give every young person the support, skills and aspirations to realise their potential
- Enthusiastic about working with a small start-up charity at an exciting stage of development
Experience & qualifications
- 2+ years experience in recruitment
- Education sector experience desirable, with a strong understanding of safeguarding
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience of CRM programmes e.g. Salesforce desirable
- Experience of online marketing and digital communications desirable
Skills & attributes
- Hard working, committed and reliable
- Flexible, supporting others in the team and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Independent worker, able to take responsibility for completing tasks and managing different streams of work towards achieving organisational goals
- Resourceful, making the most of our time, skills and funds
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely well organized
- Willing to travel (UK), driving License desirable
Terms and conditions
- Job Title: Recruitment Consultant
- Hours: Part time (2 days/ 16 hours per week; flexible)
- Salary: GBP27,500 per annum, (pro-rata based on 40 hour week)
- Holidays: 25 days per year (pro-rata), plus bank holidays
- Contract length: Initially 2 years, probationary period of 6 months
- Location: Shoreditch, London, with UK travel
- Reports to: Director (Programme & Operations)
- Closing date: 3 rd August 2017.
- Interview date: 11 th August 2017.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below. Alternatively please contact Joseph Kimmelman.