Local Authority Designated Officer - LADO
Local Authority Designated Officer - LADO - Reading - GBP40 p/h An exciting opportunity has become available for a experienced Local Authority Designated Officer - LADO / Team Manager to join a Children & Families team in the Civic offices, Reading. As a Local Authority Designated Officer you will be completing crisis and high risk work. You must also possess strong assessment and child protection experience and be able to work on your own initiative. As a LADO you will benefit from:
- Supportive management team
- Potential for long term contracts
- Excellent rates of pay
- Free access to online training
- Free access to My Liquid Rewards
- Substantial post qualifying experience in child protection, including as a manager within a statutory children's social care service.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively manage complex child protection and safeguarding cases and issues.
- Experience of clear risk assessment and management in child protection.
- Have extensive experience of chairing strategy meetings and other complex meetings, in order to achieve improved outcomes for children.
- Ability to work positively and effectively with all internal and external colleagues.
- Recent experience of managing Child Protection cases and providing oversight and direction.
- Previous line management responsibility.
- Confidence in making threshold decisions.
- Previous Multi agency safeguarding experience.
- Confident in co-ordination multi-agency information gathering and high level assessment skill in signposting families.
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Full UK License holder