Data & Exams Manager
Giving you the support and training you need to make an impact
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 36 hours per week; 52 weeks per year with three weeks' compulsory working during summer holidays for A level and GCSE results.
Salary: Grade 8, Points 27 - 34 (GBP24,174 - GBP30,154 depending on experience)
Deadline: 11am on Friday 21 st July
Ofsted: Requires Improvement (2015) "Senior leaders and governors are taking effective action to tackle the areas requiring improvement in order to become good." (March 2016)
Visits to our school are encouraged; to arrange, please call .
Ark William Parker is an 11 -18 all-boys school in Hastings, with a strong history in the local community and a bright future ahead as we work towards excellence. The area itself is one that has been identified by the current government as an 'opportunity area' (2017) for additional support and investment, making Hastings an attractive and affordable alternative to nearby seaside towns.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Data & Examinations Manager with a strong administrative background (ideally within the educational sphere) to maintain and analyse data and to efficiently track and monitor our pupils' progress through reports and exams. You will be responsible for the managing the administration of all examinations within the academy, ensuring staff, pupils and their parents have all relevant examinations information.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience and knowledge of data management within a secondary school setting;
- have excellent IT skills including the use of data management software, such as Bromcom and advanced Excel skills;
- have excellent analytical skills;
- possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels;
- have excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines;
- be able to demonstrate initiative, often resolving problems intuitively and proactively.
- have experience of preparing and managing public examinations in an educational setting.
- have genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil
- be committed to Ark's ethos of high expectations.
"If you really want to make a difference, work with enthusiastic leaders, and be able to see progress happening every day, then this is the school for you."
Darrel Barsby, Assistant Principal of Ark William Parker Academy.
Visit our website for more information on the school. For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact our Recruitment Manager Francesca Waters on or .
Please submit your application online by visiting . The closing date for the position is 11am on Friday 21 st July. Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.