Senior Registered Manager - Hampshire - GBP37,370 - GBP45,248
Senior Registered Manager
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Band K (GBP37,370 - GBP45,248)
Interview dates: W/C 24 th July 2017
Fair Ways is looking for a Senior Registered Manager with a passion for excellence to take on the oversight of a Residential Children's Home in the Solent as well as supporting the development of our whole Children's Residential provision. The home that will be managed provides therapeutic care and support to young people with emotional and/or behavioural needs.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for our service users to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
Our ideal candidate will show their ability to;
- Have an overview of the daily running of the home and monitor that daily tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Effectively manage staff's performance when appropriate to do so.
- To work collaboratively with local authorities and other statutory agencies, to ensure clear lines of communication and effective sharing of relevant information.
- Take a lead in the strategic development of the residential service through the creative and innovative delivery of services for children placed.
- To contribute to the positive running of the Residential Department through undertaking tasks as directed by the Head of Looked After Children's Service/Operations Director. These may include providing quality, reflective supervision to other Residential Managers and/or specific projects to improve the outcomes for young people placed within all Fair Ways' Children's Homes.
Our ideal candidate will have the energy and enthusiasm, to create a vibrant and fun working environment, for both our staff members and service users, whilst maintaining boundaried and professional working relationships in a challenging work environment. You will need to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the legislation relevant to residential childcare, including Children's Home Quality Standards 2015 and Children's Home Regulations.
Previous Management experience is desired, as well as holding relevant qualifications, such as the Level 3 CYPW Diploma in childcare or equivalent and working towards/ holds the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership, as well as holding a Social Work degree. All candidates must have a full driving license and access to use of a car.
Rewards and Benefits
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that's why we
- Offer intensive in house training prior to start. Our training department also offers accredited courses such as Level 3 Counselling with CPCAB, UTCP (Level 3 award in Understanding therapeutic childcare practise) and the Level 5 in Leadership and Management with City and Guilds.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year's employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
Please click on the 'Apply' button to download the Job Description and Application Form or phone Head Office () and ask for the Recruitment Team or email .