Project Manager - Learning Disabilities
Project Manager required to lead on a brand-new venture offering a community integration service for adults with learning disabilities whilst training graduates into specialist Project Workers.
This Project Manager role is a varied and exciting position as it will include dual responsibility between Service Development and Management whilst also developing a highly skilled team of Project Workers from graduate level.
The Project Manager's main responsibilities regarding the service delivery are -
- Run a service integrating adults with learning disabilities into their local community via the use of specialist Project Workers
- Ensure the service delivers high quality care and care plans involving Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) and Person Centred Active Support (PCAS)
- Undertake extensive assessments of individuals to ensure they receive the correct care and support
The Project Manager will also be instrumental in the support and mentoring of degree educated Graduate Project Workers and this involves -
- Assist a team of Project Workers in achieving academic qualifications in specialist care practices
- Motivating and championing the Project Workers to complete their academic studies
- Support the Graduate Project Workers to effectively use Positive Behaviour Support daily, make skilled and detailed observations and deliver high quality support in service.
The Project Manager must have
- Diploma Level 5 Leadership and Management
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong experience with supporting adults with learning disabilities, CQC and care service delivery
- Strengths in organisation, time management, setting and meeting targets and prioritising workload
- Passion for training and mentoring junior staff
If you are an experienced Service, Registered or Senior Manager within learning disabilities care services, please call Mark Beaver at Charles Hunter Associates on or email
Please Note : This post is available to those who have proven experience within CQC regulated care services and adults social care only.