Locum Social Worker - Hospital discharge team
Essex County Council are currently seeking a Locum Social Worker to join Hospital Discharge Team at Basildon Hospital.
You must have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience and have previously worked in a hospital setting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* To undertake assessment of risk involving safeguarding of vulnerable adults/carers and their families across a range of settings.
* Taking responsibility and working with individuals facing complex social and family crisis across a range of settings.
* Promoting autonomy and development with individuals who have complex needs and are more vulnerable to exclusion.
* Working with communities, individuals and families to promote their personal strengths.
* To assess, review and provide help to an individual, family or carer with complex family or social care needs, taking full account of appropriate policy and guidance. This will include taking due account of the principles of personalisation, service eligibility criteria and legal framework.
* To intervene and provide help to an individual or family whose complex family or social care needs or risks indicate that they need ongoing professional support which they might not normally be willing to accept
* To carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses with an adult, or their representative or advocate if they lack capacity, to safeguard them from abuse, neglect or exploitation, building effective relationships with individuals and families as appropriate.
Why choose Charles Hunter Associates?
* Your own dedicated specialist consultant
* Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across 180 authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
* Prompt and reliable payroll which runs weekly
* Free access to our online social work training portal with CPD materials - worth GBP500 a year
* Pay rate GBP207 per day
* Free DBS and compliance service
* GBP250 referral fee if you refer a friend or colleague looking for work
You must have:
* HCPC registration
* Clear, Enhanced DBS
If you wish apply or would like a detailed Job Description, please contact Emily Game or . Alternatively, you can apply through the website. Managers are looking to interview shortly, so please do not hesitate to give me a call!