Senior Evaluation Analyst
The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) is a statutory levy board, funded by farmers, growers and others in the supply chain and managed as an independent organisation (independent of both commercial industry and of Government).
Our purpose is to inspire our farmers, growers and industry to succeed in a rapidly changing world. Our vision is for a world-class food and farming industry inspired by, and competing with the best.
Our philosophy is that levy payers are at the heart of what we do. In order to deliver genuine levy payer focus there is a sector advisory committee (known as 'sector board') for each of the six commodity sectors represented by AHDB. Each sector board comprises levy payers, other stakeholders from the sector and independent members. The main AHDB Board has delegated the responsibility to each sector board to develop the most appropriate strategies to meet the challenges of the sector; to ensure the relevant levy rate is recommended in order to provide adequate funding for the required work; to monitor strategy implementation and to approve remedies where performance deviates from plan. The sector board members are appointed by AHDB.
Demonstrating value and effective and efficient use of levy payer money is important to AHDB. The team ensures that AHDB has effective evaluation mechanisms in place to ensure we understand the value our activities deliver. The team appraises proposed programmes of work and ensures activities are measured and impact is evaluated, contributing to an evidence base which feeds strategic thinking.
You will be involved in devising, progressing and supporting the delivery of qualitative and quantitative evaluation approaches for a diverse range of projects. The role will involve the preparation and dissemination of analysis, interpretation and commentary, relating to AHDB's performance. You will also offer support to our levy payers, stakeholders and internal customers.
- Engage proactively with AHDB departments and teams to develop and agree strategies and plans to evaluate the impact of their projects and programmes.
- Provide evidence to inform planning, decision-making and the development of new or improved projects, policies and practice.
- Work with staff to develop tailored evaluation plans with cost effective methodologies for projects.
- Monitor delivery of evaluation plans and intervene when problems arise.
- Oversee the annual Levy Payer Satisfaction Survey.
- Provide support to staff completing business cases for appraisal as part of the AHDB's Investment Test.
- Prepare and disseminate analysis, interpretation and commentary, relating to AHDB's performance.
- Commission external agencies to conduct evaluations of AHDB-funded activities.
- Manage and undertake specific MI-focused projects as agreed with the line manager.
- Maintain close contact with industry, academics, government and media to ensure information remains relevant and is effectively disseminated.
- Line manage an Evaluation Analyst.
- Significant contact with internal stakeholders.
You will hold degree standard qualification in economics, agriculture or another numerate discipline, or hold equivalent experience. Strong analytical skills as well as an eye for detail and the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively are important. Experience in research, analytical and evaluation methodologies would be advantageous. Knowledge about agriculture or the food industry would also be advantageous, but is not essential.
- Qualification to degree standard in economics/agriculture or another numerate discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Have knowledge of good practice in evaluation.
- Experience of managing or undertaking evaluation projects.
- Experience of using MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of the UK agricultural industry and food supply chain would be desirable, but is not essential.
For application details, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing date: Tuesday, 25th July 2017.