Experienced Children's Social Workers - Oxfordshire
Experienced Children's Social Workers - Oxford, Abingdon, Banbury, Witney, Bicester or Didcot
- GBP30,785 - GBP35,444 (depending on experience)
- GBP3,500 welcome package for social workers with proven post qualifying experience
- Up to GBP8,000 relocation package
- Full and part time - flexible working options available
- Oxfordshire - Oxford, Abingdon, Banbury, Witney, Bicester or Didcot.
Join our team rated as 'Good' by Ofsted and at the forefront of national best practice.
Our social care teams are located across Oxfordshire and are commutable from locations such as Birmingham, North London, Newbury, Reading, Swindon and Warwick, as well as from within the county.
Closing date for applications: 23 July 2017
Do you dream of working in a supportive team with flexible working to help you achieve a good work-life balance? If so, Oxfordshire County Council could be for you!
Oxfordshire County Council is one of only 16 councils rated as 'Good' by Ofsted. We are passionate about giving children the best start in life and committed to providing a safe and supportive home and school life to every child in Oxfordshire.
You could be part of our fantastic team - we have exciting opportunities in our Family Solutions Service and Assessment Service, based in Oxford, Abingdon, Banbury, Witney, Bicester or Didcot.
- Have experience managing, monitoring and chairing children's plans; coordinating multi-agencies, writing excellent, accurate and concise reports
- Are adept at engaging and building relationships with children and families
- Are experienced in handling complex children and families court cases and/or experience of Section 47 investigations
- Have professional social work qualification and be HCPC registered (applications from non-registered returners welcome)
- And put children and families at the heart of everything you do
We want to hear from you!
We know our people are our most important asset and we will support you to do the job you love. We offer outstanding development opportunities to help you progress your career and flexible working options to help you achieve a good work/life balance. We provide robust induction and training and have a strong team-working ethos. Our managers respect and value what you do and provide a safe, supportive and positive working environment.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and a generous holiday allowance.
Oxfordshire is a great place to live and work - offering beautiful countryside, picturesque villages and towns, great schools, historic Oxford city and the Cotswolds, all within easy reach of London. You could enjoy a great quality of life in this beautiful county! Visit to find out more.
For more information about our jobs or to arrange to visit one of our teams, please contact one of our friendly team or click on the 'Apply' button now.
- Abingdon or Didcot
- Karen Fox
- Assessment Service: Maribel Cabrera-Jimenez
- Family Solutions Service: Mary Austin
- Banbury, Bicester or Witney
- Julia Hamilton
Alternatively, please email