Supervising Social Worker
Supervising Social Worker - Edinburgh
A salary of up to GBP36,333 + Excellent benefits
We are looking for a committed Supervising Social Worker to join this excellent organisation and supportive, pro active team.
You will have a sound knowledge of fostering legislation and practice issues, and will be able to deliver the high standards of the service that the organisation provide.
- An experienced social worker?
- A driven individual?
- Passionate about Fostering?
- Salary of up to GBP33,333 per annum
- A car allowance of up to GBP3,000 (monthly)
- Mileage paid at 0.18ppm
- 25 days' annual leave
- Company pension
- Other terrific benefits
You will be involved in:
- Recruitment, training and supervision of foster carers
- Undertake thorough, professional assessments of prospective foster carers and present their assessments to panel
- Contribute to running the foster carers' training and support group programme
- Support a number of foster carers by regular supervision visits, telephone calls (including out of hours), attendance at children's meetings and liaison with placing social workers
- Working with looked after children
You will have:
- A valid SSSC registration
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the current legislations and frameworks relevant to Children Social Care, Fostering and Adoption including the Children's Act 1989 and its application to Social Work practice.
- Post qualified experience of children & families social work.
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence and have access to a vehicle to travel to other areas.
- Be willing to participate in an out of hours' rota
CLOSING DATE: Friday 14th July 2017
Want to apply?
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jamil Olweny on or via email for further details.