This is a new and exciting position within the Portsmouth Cultural Trust. You will lead on the commercial development of several areas of our business with the key objective of maximising revenue. With specific attention to our event hire and production business and our commercial events programme. The latter includes several new events including the Portsmouth Comic Con, the Big Mouth Comedy Festival and support on newly devised events.
- To develop and implement a commercial strategy for the organisation that identifies, exploits and maximises business development opportunities. To monitor and evaluate the return on activity so that you can target new opportunities.
- To lead on the commercial development of our new and emerging commercial enterprises, Guildhall Event Services, commercial events programme and the wider opportunities a strategy will identify.
- To work with Marketing and Sales to plan commercial campaigns which will secure sponsorship and to consider other innovative ways of generating revenue which supports our programme of activities.
- To build and maintain a client bank and to effectively manage client relationships building trust and excellent customer service.
- Work closely with other departments across the Trust and identify where revenue can be generated through added value.
- Host events which assist in promoting our brand and which drive revenue growth and develop client relationships.
- A proven track record in delivering sales growth and profitability.
- Experience of engaging new clients and developing revenue leads.
- A clear track record in building successful and sustainable growth.
- Exceptional presentation, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and charismatic approach and a flexible can-do attitude.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills.
- Strategic and commercial acumen and an ability to use business intelligence to drive development and growth.
- Hands on approach and team player.
- Willing to work evening and weekends.