Head of Estates and Facilities
Head of Estates and Facilities
(Head of Business and Operational Delivery)
Agenda for Change Band 8d [range GBP67,247 - GBP83,258]
Do you want to make a real difference in your role? Are you looking for an opportunity to deliver in a senior position at a national level in order to achieve excellent standards of customer service?
NHS Digital has an annual budget of more than GBP200 million and oversight of a GBP1 billion spend. We are looking for someone with both general management skills and subject matter expertise to join the organisation's Business and Operational Delivery profession. Our profession's staff bring a broad range of skills and expertise at all levels to support the many different services that NHS Digital provides to the health and care sector.
We are looking for an experienced Property Professional who is able to deliver strategic estate and facilities management for our organisation in line with Cabinet Office requirements. With a track record of acquisition, disposal, refurbishment and relocation across a multi-site organisation you will champion change and assignment manage a proactive team in the delivery of measured services.
- A self-starter, you will be acknowledged by your peers as a leader who can manage and motivate teams with a diverse range of skills and objectives across multiple locations. You will have excellent communication skills that will enable you to present to a wide range of stakeholders of varying levels of seniority and from both inside and outside of your organisation.
- Your knowledge of procurement, budgeting and cost improvement projects will ensure the role delivers on its best value objectives. You will have good knowledge of new ways of 'smart' working and will represent our organisation with key stakeholders such as the Government Property Unit, the Sustainable Development Unit and the property team at the Department of Health.
- You will be highly skilled in communicating sensitive and complex matters to different audiences.
- You will come to us with extensive experience of delivering complex estates projects on time, to quality standards and providing value for money.
- Your experience of working in a complex environment that is undergoing substantial organisational change and implementing innovative ways of working will enable you to deliver ongoing and upcoming acquisitions, disposals and refurbishments meeting government requirements.
- You will have managed a significant and highly complex transactional budget and will have experience of negotiating leases, memoranda of occupation and other accommodation contracts.
- You will have experience of delivering 24 x 7 x 365 estates services and ensuring business continuity of an estate and its services.
- You will have good knowledge of Health and Safety and other estates related legislation and you will have experience of ensuring an organisation monitors and meets it statutory obligations, addressing breached and improving delivery where appropriate. Knowledge or experience of government sustainably requirements and Green Government obligations is also an advantage.
This is a high profile and rewarding role where your expertise will be greatly valued.
In return for your commitment we'll give you a competitive salary, access to the NHS pension (14.3% employer contribution), 27 days annual leave and a range of other benefits including:
- Annual travel tickets loan.
- Bike to Work scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Flexible working options.
- Lease Car Scheme.
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- NHS Discounts on a range of products and services including holidays
This assignment opportunity is available at one of the NHS Digital offices in Exeter, Leeds, London or Southport.
Please see the attached role profile for further information.