Conference & Events Sales Executive
You will maximise revenue opportunities for conferencing and events for the Portsmouth Guildhall. This will be achieved by driving sales leads, increasing conversions and earning repeat business. Your focus will be on business to business, the wedding market and parties.
- To seek and develop new business-to-business relationships which will yield revenue earning opportunities through the hire of our facilities, with a specific focus on short to medium term business. To achieve targeted number of direct calls & appointments per week to promote awareness of the venues facilities, convert bookings & ultimately help achieve the Sales Team budgeted revenue
- To represent and promote the Guildhall through local and regional networks, trade events which bring you in touch with businesses, possible wedding clients and community groups. To set up and promote 'fam & hospitality trips', and similar events which encourage possible clients and customers to use the venue.
- To manage accounts of regular customers which encourages repeat business, to understand their needs and to pick up with the wider team on opportunities to improve and develop our offer.
- To respond to enquiries from agents and clients and to work with the team on follow up information To undertake all the support administration including the issuing of contracts and the flow of information to colleagues. To ensure the client receives the correct details for their event and agrees to and understands the detail of the final provision. To understand and manage the costs and margins when agreeing the final contract.
- To work with the marketing team on the conference & venue hire marketing to assist with the sales strategy.
- To maintain good relationships with colleagues within the conferencing and sales team and operations, attend all relevant meetings as and when required and to provide information and respond to queries.
- An experienced sales executive who has worked with businesses and corporate clients
- Experience of nurturing and developing new and existing client relationships.
- Experience in a pro-active role which has included sales calls & presenting to clients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a very positive attitude.
- Good knowledge of the business sector and an ability to connect with the right people.
- A commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Highly competent with IT
- Hands on approach and a team player.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Willing to work evening and weekends.
- Driving license