Senior Electronics Engineer - Salary up to GBP55k - Warwickshire
Lead Electronics Engineer
Salary up to GBP55k
Work for a well-established company offering excellent benefits
My client is a world's leading company which has been in business for over 50 years and are currently recruiting for an EXCEPTIONAL electronics engineer. My client works in many diverse markets with services ranging from design research, strategy to industrial design, mechanical engineering, electronic hardware and software engineering. It's unlikely that you've heard of them but what's highly likely is that you've used a product that was designed there.
The design and technical team is growing at an exciting rate so it's helpful if you have first-hand experience of working within a consultancy based environment
Staff are there most important asset, with regular professional training, guidance and support to ensure the high professional standards are maintained. Competitive salaries amongst other benefits are reviewed regularly.
- Participate in the sales process, meeting new clients and then preparing quotations for presentation to the client
- Contribute to planning multidisciplinary projects at a detailed task level, defining tasks and their relationships, and estimating their durations and work content to develop development budgets
- Undertake design feasibility studies and investigations, identifying and evaluating new technologies
- Develop architectural designs, including hardware/software partitioning - participate in peer reviewing of designs
- Develop specifications and test documents for electronic and electromechanical products
- Manage prototype manufacture, testing (including EMC testing) iterative design refinements, the manufacturing support and liaison with the customer or their preferred manufacturer
- Develop analogue and digital electronic circuit schematic designs and then manage and oversee the generation of PCB designs
- 5 years minimum Hardware Design Engineer experience
- Good communication skills both written and verbal are a must - you will need to be confident and persuasive in your communicating skills in both formal presentations and less formal client and supplier liaison situations
- Strong proven ability in electronic design ranging from analogue and digital electronics design experience
- The drive and enthusiasm to learn new skills and to put these into practice - self motivation and the ability to work on your own
- The ability to operate well under time deadlines and within fixed development budgets to balance time, cost and quality, potentially also balancing the requirements of multiple concurrent projects
- Accurately plan the electronics development portion of projects, estimating development costs and timescales as well as final product costs
- Experience of preparing development budgets, estimating the number of man-hours required for a project and then managing development activities against the allowance
- Managing and planning a project team in multidisciplinary development projects
- First-hand experience of development of electronics and software sub-systems for medical devices - training will be provided on regulatory requirements
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
If you would like the chance to work for my prestigious market leading organisation, please don't hesitate to get in touch. This role is already at interview stage so if applying please send an up to date CV or call me (Sarah).
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.