Senior Welfare Benefits Advisor
"we sort out problems together, for good"
Last year we helped over 15,500 people resolve 31,000 problems - with your help we can make an even greater impact in the years ahead. We have a track record of delivering high-quality services from our offices in Peckham and Bermondsey and outreach locations across Southwark. We sort out problems together, for good, by providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice across all areas of social welfare law, and through using the experience of our clients to bring about positive change through research and campaigns.
Macmillan & Dimbleby Advice Service - Senior Welfare Benefits Advisor
NJC Scale PO1 GBP33,627 to GBP35,075 per annum pro rata - plus 5% pension supplement
Part-Time - 28 hours per week
Post funded jointly by Dimbleby Cancer Care & Macmillan Cancer Support -
Citizens Advice Southwark provides an outreach advice service in hospitals across South East London for people affected by cancer. We are seeking to recruit a senior welfare benefits advisor who will have lead responsibility for the day to day running of the project and line manage and supervise other welfare benefits specialists and staff working in hospital settings employed by the service. You will also undertake casework, assisting clients to access their entitlements to welfare benefits and other sources of financial help.
- Have experience of supervising and supporting other advice workers (paid staff or volunteers)
- Be able to take responsibility for the delivery of a high quality advice service
- Have Substantial experience of managing your own case load of complex welfare benefits cases and an in-depth knowledge of welfare benefits including those related to disability and sickness
- An understanding of the issues facing people affected by long-term illness and disability, including cancer
- Understand, empathise and be committed to the Citizens Advice aims, principles and equal opportunities policies
Closing date: 10.00 a.m. Wednesday 26 July 2017
Interviews will be held on: Monday 31 July 2017
For further information and an application pack please click on the Visit Website button below.
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, an employer matched pension contribution, and training and development opportunities to continue your professional development.
Citizens Advice Southwark is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.