The British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy is seeking to appoint a Staff Editor to work on the internationally renowned Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC).
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of editorial functions that support the production of both regular and supplementary issues of the JAC. The candidate must be a trained and experienced STM proofreader/copy-editor, with editorial office experience
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Operation of online manuscript handling/tracking software.
- Supporting authors and editors and responding to enquiries across the range of journal activity/production.
- Proofreading, the amalgamation of proof-reader and author corrections, and the communication of these corrections to the typesetters.
- Pre-editing of accepted material and the release of files to the publisher/typesetter.
- Collation and analysis of Journal statistics.
- Acting as a key liaison with the Journal's publishers.
- Providing support to the Editorial Manager across the range of Journal activities.
Applicants must possess a good life sciences degree, excellent written and oral communication skills, be at ease working independently and as part of a small but busy team, and have a range of editorial, editing, proof-reading and writing skills relevant to the post of Staff Editor. Importantly applicants must possess a can-do attitude and the ability to balance conflicting demands and be adaptable.
This position is offered on a 3-year contract renewable annually thereafter. There is the option to work part-time, ranging from 0.6WTE to full time. Please state your preference in your supporting letter. Applicants who wish to work remotely (home working) from the Journal office will be considered.
Full and further details are available in the job description and person specification.
To apply please email the following to Colin Drummond via the button below by 1700hrs, Monday 31 July 2017.
- CV, with a covering letter stating your reasons for applying and preference for a part-time or full time position and on-site or remote working
- Completed Equal Opportunities Form