Senior Business Development Manager - Programme Funding
Based in Vauxhall, London
WaterAid is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager - Programme Funding to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world's poorest communities.
Working within the Programme Funding Unit, you will:
- Lead on, and drive, the development of WaterAid's Business Development strategy for institutional income, inform strategic decisions and develop recommended approaches to emerging institutional funding mechanisms.
- Research, target, contact and develop new funding partnerships with institutional donors and potential consortia partners at a Global, European and UK level, with the aim to establish long-term high value partnerships.
- Lead on analysis and insight into new markets and trends to build a strong understanding of the institutional income market, and explore emerging funding opportunities around big issues of global concern.
To be successful, you'll need to have:
- Solid experience of securing new business from institutional donors, developing strong relationships with institutional donors and consortia partners.
- Demonstrable ability for rapid analysis of funding opportunities and translation into action plans; securing support from key stakeholders in a coordinated response; and influencing senior colleagues on fundraising approaches and strategic decisions.
- Strong experience of developing tender documents and leading bids, and of developing and implementing organisational business processes to support successful consortia and tender development.
By 2030 we want everyone, everywhere to have safe water and sanitation and we need your expertise, passion and professionalism to help make it happen.
Working with us, you will have access to a wide range of benefits including flexible working, generous annual leave and additional leave purchase, exceptional pension, employee assistance programme and fitness and social initiatives.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing date: 24 July 2017.
Please note: in order to apply you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.