Head of Paying Visitors
Our paying visitors (non-members) are at the very start of our growing support journey. They are a key supporter segment for the Trust and are increasingly important to our corporate strategy as we look to target the right audiences, both to improve our membership conversion at properties and also to reflect our desire to appeal to more diverse audiences.
This is a national role, collecting and collating best practice from across our regional teams and creating a unified, consolidated plan. It's a brilliant opportunity for someone who is excited by connecting different audiences across many geographies with what we do and why we do it.
There is flexibility on where this role is based but you would need to be in Heelis for a minimum of two days per week.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for creating a plan which efficiently and sustainably drives paying visitors to the right properties and places at the right time and meets our 'for everyone' agenda whilst optimising membership conversion. Domestic tourism and group travel will be a key part of your thinking and you'll need to produce clear national guidance and recommendations for our admission pricing (generating an annual income of approx. GBP25m) You'll act as an influencing force within a complex matrix team to distil strategic high level thinking, insights and analysis into action and results.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will require the following:
- A proven working knowledge of visitor/tourist marketing and of running visitor/tourist attractions including creation of pricing strategies
- Strong communication skills to include presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and gravitas to ensure effective relationships with stakeholders at a senior level within the organisation
- Proven track record of managing and delivering ambitious visitor targets
- Experience of data analysis and developing successful business cases
- Proven experience of delivering large-scale marketing promotion activity