Qualified Social Worker - Adult Safeguarding Team - Luton, Bedfordshir
SocialWork 2000 are looking for an experienced Social Worker to join an Adult Safeguarding Team based in Luton, Bedfordshire. GBP30ph
About the role:
Luton Council are seeking experienced Safeguarding Social Workers for adults. To assess immediate risks associated with safeguarding alerts at the point of access and determine the level and scope of intervention required. The safeguarding social worker will participate in Duty arrangements that will involve assessing immediate risks associated with safeguarding alerts that have been referred to the team and determine the level and scope of intervention required. Candidates must hold relevant safeguarding adults experience and hold in-depth knowledge of the care act, Mental capacity act.
- Undertaking risk assessments to protect the adult(s) at risk of significant harm and carrying out investigations into the alleged event(s) working in partnership with other organisations, (police health etc)
- You will be expected to: 1) receive safeguarding alerts, undertake assessments of risk and needs , investigate cases, devise protection plans in liaison with colleagues, including where appropriate health professionals and the police, 2) coach and mentor other members of the team and colleagues from partner agencies; 3) influence the direction of future services.
- Together with other members of the Team participate in Duty arrangements that will involve assessing immediate risks associated with safeguarding alerts that have been referred to the team and determine the level and scope of intervention required. (Where necessary/appropriate advice should be sought in making this decision)
- Undertake professional investigations relating to safeguarding concerns where the case involves an employee or volunteer following LBC's Safeguarding Adults
- Undertaking further risk assessments and risk management work as required to establish protective factors to include in the protection plan
- Making potentially high-risk decisions
- Developing and implementing high quality Safeguarding Protection Plans in collaboration with users, carers and other agencies
- Preparing reports for strategy meetings, other review, planning and case conference meetings, Courts etc to agreed standards
- Effectively managing a caseload. In doing so, balancing the requirement for quality record keeping, managing volume and throughput and work within the services performance targets.
- Pay rate GBP30ph
- In-house payroll company
- Your own dedicated consultant who can guide you through the process and assist you each step of the way
- Qualified Social Worker BA/DipSW/CQSW or equivalent
- Must have previous experience of this role
- Min 3 years PQ experience extensive experience with Safeguarding
- Candidates must hold relevant safeguarding adults experience and hold in-depth knowledge of the care act, Mental capacity act.
- Experience of safeguarding adults case work
- Able to work with complex and challenging cases - with access to support and supervision - where there may be issues of vulnerability and risk and where crisis intervention may be required in compliance with health and safety policies.
- Experience of advocacy and user involvement issues, partnership and inter-agency working.
- Experience of coaching/ mentoring
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Must be a car driver
Whether you are looking for your first, or next locum role, SocialWork 2000 are here to help you. However, if the time isn't right for you, but you have a colleague or friend (who is a qualified Social Worker) and is looking for a locum role, just refer them to us.
Step 1: for anyone you refer, we register, and we promote for work you will receive GBP50*
Step 2: for anyone you have referred and we place you will then receive a second payment of GBP50* on their first day of work.
Step 3: for anyone you have referred you will receive a third payment of GBP100* once they have completed a qualifying period of 375 hours of work.
Apply now or get in touch for more information; Call us on or email
(*Terms and Conditions apply. For more information please get in touch).