British Association for Performing Arts Medicine
Full time - Permanent
Salary: GBP60,000 per annum
The British Association for Performing Arts Medicine (BAPAM) is a unique medical charity providing health advice and support to members of the performing arts community. We provide a national Helpline and confidential clinical consultations for performers experiencing performance-related health problems, as well as education and resources on healthy performance practice and professional training in performing arts medicine.
About the role
Following the planned retirement this year of our current chief executive, BAPAM seeks a leader to take the charity forward over what promises to be an exciting new period of ambitious growth in partnership with our principal funder, Help Musicians UK. The role involves strategic and operational leadership of the organisation, including management of a small team of administrative staff and a clinical workforce comprising of voluntary and healthcare professionals working throughout the UK.
For this role we're looking for someone who is a strong leader, someone who has the ability to innovate and offer creative solutions, whilst thinking strategically. The successful candidate will be passionate about the performing arts and have the he ability to be flexible and adaptable whilst displaying personal integrity and high standards of work.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Developing our partnership with Help Musicians UK and other organisations (including the Musicians Union, Equity and PPL) to identify and meet performers' needs
- Managing the delivery of quality services, business planning and finance
- Facilitating effective corporate and clinical governance
- Supporting the BAPAM Admin Team and national network of specialist healthcare professionals to deliver the best possible services for performers
- Performance monitoring, reporting and staff development
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislative requirements Incident reporting, Data Protection and Safeguarding
- Overall responsibility for fundraising strategies
- Building strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree level education ideally within the healthcare field
- A proven track record of managing and delivering quality healthcare services at a senior level
- Experience working in the third sector, this is advantageous but not essential
- Excellent knowledge on relevant statutory requirements, including Care Quality Commissionregistration, Data Protection and Safeguarding
- In depth knowledge of general management best practices
- Analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to positively influence others
Please apply via the button below.
The closing date for applications is Friday 5 th August 2017.
If you would like more information on BAPAM an information pack is available, please request this within your covering letter.