Committee Executive Officer
The British Medical Association is the professional body and trade union for UK doctors, representing over 160,000 members from all branches of practice.
At this crucial time for general practice in Wales, we are looking for a highly skilled Committee Executive Officer who will have responsibility for supporting the effective functioning of the GPCW, its sub-committee and working groups. GPCW is the professional voice of GPs in Wales. It has full responsibility for dealing with devolved health issues affecting GPs working in Wales, including all aspects of contract negotiations.
Reporting to the Senior Policy Executive for Primary Care, the successful candidate will play a key role in providing an efficient and effective service to the chair, negotiators and committee members; as well as supporting policy development, engaging directly with the wider GP community and with key Government and NHS decision makers.
As such, candidates for this role must be highly organised and able to manage a busy workload, with competing priorities. Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as a sound knowledge of current primary care issues, are essential.
Previous experience of working with committees, or in a membership-based organisation, would be an advantage.
In your covering letter, please outline your experience of working in the following areas:
- within the health / primary care policy environment and the level of understanding you have of the current issues facing general practitioners;
- taking a strategic overview of issues and reporting these both verbally and in writing to colleagues and/or senior managers;
- providing a high quality customer service in a complex and fast paced environment;
- managing and prioritising work appropriately;
- working as part of a diverse team and maintaining effective communication.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of benefits such as a generous pension plan and annual leave, flexible benefits, childcare vouchers, learning and development opportunities and lots more.
Closing date: 16 July
Interviews to be held between 19 - 21 July.