Locum Qualified Social Worker - Support and Protection Team - Cumbria
Locum Qualified Social Worker - Support and Protection Team - Cumbria - Condensed, 4 Day Week!!!
Aurora Resourcing are looking for an experienced Qualified Social Worker to join a local authority in Cumbria a non metropolitan county in North-West England. Cumbria is predominantly rural and contains the Lake District and Lake District National Park, considered to be one of England's most outstanding areas of natural beauty. You will be joining a passionate and hardworking Support and Protection Team administering protection and support to vulnerable children and young people. This role offers a condensed 4 day working week!!
- The role will entail court work and assessment report writing, chairing meetings and care planning for children and families
- This role includes Child In Need and Child Protection Work
- Contribute to the adequate protection of children from harm by assisting in the assessment of risk, and the delivery of support services
- To be Primary Worker with case responsibility for Children in Need, Children
- Looked After by the Local authority, and when appropriate, Children in need of Protection
- For those working in Foster Care and Adoption Services to undertake comprehensive assessments of potential carers to ensure looked after children receive safe and enhancing family experiences
- To produce Assessments of Children in Need and their Families according to DoH Guidelines and timescales
- To provide reports for departmental meetings, LAC Reviews, CP Case Conferences, Legal Meetings, Permanence Planning Meetings and Court Hearings and attend these as required
- To work directly with children and their families, foster carers and permanent alternative carers to ensure the best interests of children are met.
- To manage any financial arrangements associated with allocated work
- Qualified Social Worker
- It is also essential that you hold a full UK driving license and have access to your own car as traveling is necessary to this position.
- Have a working knowledge of all current legislation
- Proven experience working within Child Protection cases
- Current HCPC registration
GBP36.00 per hour umbrella rate
If you would like to find out more about the position, then please contact Jay on / or email To see other roles then please visit the Aurora Resourcing website:
Aurora Resourcing are an Equal Opportunity and Equality agency