The main purpose of this role is to take the functional lead on the coordination and support of WorldSkills UK volunteering programmes for Skills Champions and event volunteers at The Skills Show 2017. This will include: promotion of programme, communication with volunteers, schools and colleges, registration, volunteer logistics (accreditation, catering, customer services, transportation, accommodation, etc..), volunteer training and onsite delivery of the volunteer programme at The Skills Show 2017. You will also support the England-wide Skills Champions 'Championing the Way for Skills' project.
1. Contribute to successful delivery of WorldSkills UK's strategic priorities and annual business objectives.
2. Plan and manage the overall delivery of a range of functional elements of the volunteer programme at The Skills Show including (but not exclusively):
- Promotion of the volunteer programme to college students and partners
- Development and delivery of volunteer training.
- Registration and accreditation of volunteers;
- Management of the volunteer database and volunteering email inbox
- Volunteer Logistics, to include, catering, accommodation, customer service function, allocation of volunteers to roles, transportation for volunteers, volunteer expenses and post event certificates.
3. Support the overall delivery of the volunteer college programme.
- Promoting the volunteer programme to colleges.
- Delivery presentations to potential student volunteers within a college settings.
- Co-ordinate volunteer roles and training for student volunteers.
4. Support the delivery of The Skills Show Volunteer Team Leader Programme (including the training days and onsite at The Skills Show).
5. Provide input into the evaluation of the 2017 programme and support the development of the programme for 2018.
6. To communicate (directly or via a dedicated call centre) with volunteers by phone and email, plus respond to enquiries with up to date information and advice relating to any aspect of The Skills Show.
7. To provide administrative support to the national WorldSkills UK Champions programme including:
- Data processing of student feedback forms into Survey Monkey
- Updating requests from schools and adding into main database
- Preparing documentation packs for schools sessions and for Champions training sessions
- Creating termly review reports per regional area
- Supporting staff with administrative activities as they arise including financial and budget tracking aspects of the project.
- Updating and adding to the contact database for the project
8. Maintain WorldSkills UK's established management policies for dealing with risks and issues for the Education and Skills Competitions directorate and the wider organisation. Produce requirement specifications in line with WorldSkills UK's procurement strategies for all outsourced activity.
9. Effectively co-ordinate resources (including agencies, suppliers, contractors) so that all project elements are delivered to acceptable standards on time, to budget and meet the required specification(s)/objective(s).
10. Manage activities/tasks in accordance with the agreed project plan to ensure delivery on time and to budget
11. Recruit, manage, support and motivate allocated volunteers and team leaders to successfully deliver activities/tasks.
12. Other duties and/or projects as may reasonably be requested by the Volunteer and Employability Manager acknowledging experience, education and ability.