Interim Short Breaks Manager - Kent area - URGENT ROLE
Hampton's Children in Care Division are currently working with client in the Kent who require an interim Short Breaks Manager for a three month contract. The role is to start ASAP and is to cover sickness. There may be an extension after three months.
The unit caters for children aged 5 to 18 years of age with a diagnosed learning and/or physical difficulty and complex health needs and provides care for up to 5 children and young people at any time.
The main role of the Unit Manager is to manage the day to day operations of the unit and the staff to ensure that both individual and collective client requirements are met, according to service plans and service level agreements.
Other duties to include:
- To manage the budget for the unit, ensuring efficient use of resources.
- To co-ordinate and, if need be, participate in a 24 hour staff rota to meet the individual needs of the residents.
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the unit provides a safe, stable and supportive environment which ensures the welfare of the young service users is safeguarded at all times.
- To make the stay of the child as enjoyable and fun as possible, thus affording their parents the time to fully relax and re-energise and be ready to continue to care for their child in their home environment.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience of direct working within a children's residential setting.
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with other service providers and outside partner agencies
- Experience of recruitment and selection of staff
- Demonstrable experience of effective budget management.
- Knowledge of children and families legislation.
- Ability to understand the vision and interpret it to develop practical and achievable work plans
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of how the organization works and how this fits into the political environment, with a commitment to cross boundary and team working.
- Demonstrable ability to instigate change and able to develop service objectives from strategy, ensuring teams are motivated and employee development is linked to service needs.
- Commitment to equality and diversity, identifying service strategies to deliver equitable and fair services for users and employees, challenging discriminatory practices and actively managing and promoting diversity.
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills, with an adaptable style and able to use a variety of information and tailor style to suit different needs.
- Ability to build sound and productive working relationships with colleagues, partners and staff groups and can engage others in a credible, persuasive way.
If you are keen on this position, you must be able to start within two weeks, have an up to date DBS and references. You must have managed an OFSTED regulated children's home or short breaks service in the last 3 years.
If you are interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please email your CV to or call Jo Allcott -
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK