Head of Education
Head of Education
Salary: GBP45-50K per annum (negotiable).
Hours: Fulltime - Term Time\
Location: Aurora Meldreth Manor, Hertfordshire/Cambridge SG8 6LG
Are you a dynamic and outstanding leader with extensive knowledge and experience of children with complex needs? Do you have an excellent track record of leading staff to ensure all learners make exceptional progress across all areas?
The Aurora Group is inviting applications for our new Head of Education at our specialist, independent school, Aurora Meldreth Manor School in Cambridgeshire.
We are seeking an exceptional leader who can help us to develop an outstanding provision, with exceptional educational and personal outcomes for students with profound multiple and complex learning difficulties, often with associated medical challenges. The Head of Education will provide strong leadership to the staff team, managing performance and supporting school development, while being a key part of the Senior Leadership Team, reporting to the Principal, and working closely with the Managers of both the children's and adults' residential services.
The successful candidate will grasp their responsibility with enthusiasm; driving forward the aims and ethos of The Aurora Group and maximising the academic and social outcomes of our students. The Aurora Group is an exciting and dynamic new company delivering services in a unique way for the benefit of the individual. Our vision is simple; to 'empower individuals to grow', which relates to the children and young adults we support, but additionally describes our approach to our staff. We will consider a Deputy or Assistant Head Teacher looking for the next step to join a national, forward thinking and growing organisation.
- Senior school leader or Deputy Head awaiting a promotional opportunity
- NPQH desirable although will support the right candidate through this
- Qualified Teacher Status, with recognised degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working in/ leading schools providing for children with complex special needs
- Clean, current driving licence.
In return we offer:
- Excellent professional development
- A very well resourced and growing small school
- An opportunity to develop multi-disciplinary proactive strategies alongside our clinical team
- A school with a caring and supportive ethos where everyone is valued
- A dedicated and enthusiastic staff team.
Aurora is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special needs and disabilities. The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.