Social Worker - Greater Birmingham
JOB TITLE: Social Worker
LOCATION: Greater Birmingham area (including West Bromwich, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Sutton Coldfield, Smethwick, etc.)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Circa GBP25k-35k DOE, mileage scheme,
- Excellent bonuses
- Benefits scheme, including pension and healthcare
- Fantastic career progression opportunities
WORKING HOURS: Full-time, flexibility with working hours is essential
Are you newly-qualified or experience Social Worker who is looking for an opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into practice?
My client is looking for a dedicated and passionate social worker who is committed to making a positive difference to looked after children and young people.
THE COMPANY: Our client are a family run, child-centred organisation, founded in 1994, who are dedicated to providing continued support and guidance. With 30 children's homes across the UK, they strive to ensure everyone is treated as an individual and their specific needs are met.
THE ROLE: Social Worker (Fostering) - Greater Birmingham area
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Social Worker to showcase their new skills within a vibrant and successful team. This is a challenging yet rewarding role that is working directly with children, young people and Carers; focussing on offering support and developing your case load, ensuring effective placements are achieved.
Key Responsibilities to include: Social Worker (Fostering) - Greater Birmingham area
- Handle initial enquiries, including assessments and visits
- Conducting training and undertake reviews for foster carers
- Maintenance of placements for children, ensuring appropriate support is provided to both Carer and children/young person
- Developing your case load through various resources, and managing existing
- Ensure all records for both Carers and children are maintained
Key highlights: - Social Worker (Fostering) - Greater Birmingham area
- Working for an outstanding IFA
- Opportunities to progress to Team Leader and beyond
- Opportunities for further training e.g. therapy
- Non-corporate, family organisation
- Flexible working
- Outcomes based rather than time based
- Bonus scheme for completing assessments and for caseload support
THE CANDIDATE: Social Worker (Fostering) - Greater Birmingham area
The ideal candidate for this position will be a qualified Social Worker, who is ambitious and resourceful. You must have a flexible approach to your work, and a keen interest in making a positive impact on others` lives. The key to being successful within this role is showing you have the right personality and drive to succeed.
Key experience essential for the role:- Social Worker (Fostering) - Greater Birmingham area
- Confident working autonomously
- Full UK driving licence and access to vehicle for business use
- Relevant qualification(Social work degree and HCPC registered)
- Experienced and newly-qualified, welcomed
- Ambitious, dynamic, confident and determined
- Candidates with experience in residential child care settings and frontline practice highly advantageous
- This role is mainly home-based and due to the confidentiality of the information you will require a private work space within your home.
*Starting pay will depend on experience. There are opportunities to progress up to Team Leader and beyond, with a salary of up to GBP43K + bonuses and benefits.*