Team Leader (Learning Disabilities) - Stratford, London
Vacancy: Team Leader
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: GBP22,200 - GBP24,295 per annum
Location: Stratford, London
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Team Leader to join our dedicated care and support team at Chant Square, a registered care home providing care and support for female residents with learning disabilities. Staffed 24 hours a day, the scheme provides support for people with higher level needs requiring more intensive help with things like medication, cooking, cleaning and staying safe.
To view the location of the scheme please click on the following link
As the Team Leader you will assist the Scheme Manager with the operational delivery of the scheme and will be responsible for supervising and motivating a team of support workers to provide person centred care and support services for people with learning disabilities. You will also assist with managing the financial and administrative procedures of the scheme on a day to day basis.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities, and knowledge of practice issues relating to the client group
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build positive relationships
- Experience supervising and motivating staff to deliver person centred care and support
- Working knowledge of CQC regulations, care standards, safeguarding procedures and workplace health and safety
- Diploma Level 5 in Health and Social Care or equivalent and relevant management qualifications or working towards
We love to develop our people. To us our people are key and we love to see them progress and grow in our company. As such we provide continued support and training as well as a number of in house and external training courses to help you within your role.
In addition to this we offer the following 'core' benefits:
- 23 days holiday
- Excellent Pension and life assurance scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Advantage Discount Scheme
- Health and Wellbeing scheme
- Excellent training and development function
Apply Now: to apply please click on the apply button below and complete an online application, detailing your suitability for the position in the Supporting Statement section.
Closing Date: 10th July 2017
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement L&Q is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Equality & Diversity Statement L&Q is a diverse organisation that represents differences in race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, background or personal circumstances - we welcome all applicants. We want everyone to feel valued and included at L&Q and to be able to achieve their full potential. L&Q is opposed to any form of unlawful discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.