Laboratory Scientist Team Leader - UK, Waltham on the Wolds
Laboratory Scientist Team Leader
Waltham on the Wolds
GBP29,000 - 37,000 + Bonus + Benefits
This is a newly created role within WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition and we are looking for an experienced Team Leader/Supervisor who will provide line management to a team of 9 associates plus 4 contract staff.
The WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition is a leading scientific authority in pet nutrition and wellbeing and has been advancing the frontiers of scientific research into nutrition and health of pets for over 50 years. WALTHAM is the fundamental science centre for Mars Petcare and focuses on the nutrition and wellbeing of dogs, cats, horses, fish, and their benefits to humans. At Mars Petcare we are committed to creating a better world for pets, producing market leading brands such as Pedigree??, Whiskas??, Sheba?? and Cesar??. The knowledge generated by WALTHAM is vital in bringing this vision to life.
This is a newly created role within WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition and we are looking for an experienced Team Leader/Supervisor who will provide line management to a team of 9 associates plus 4 contract staff. In addition we would like this individual to define, manage and implement HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) and Quality Management Systems within the laboratory to meet the required standards.
We are looking for someone who is hugely passionate about line management. This person would have solid experience in coaching and developing individuals as well as addressing performance related issues.
What will be your key responsibilities in the role?
- Ensure that the team have the right training, competence, equipment and methodologies available to support project needs.
- Interface with the Laboratory Manager, Research Managers and Senior Research Scientists to ensure appropriate resource allocation and laboratory capabilities are available to deliver research needs.
- Responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the laboratory health, safety and environment (HSE) management system and quality management system to comply with ISO 18001, ISO 14001 and Mars Quality standards (based on ISO 9001).
- Lead the development and implementation of the laboratory quality management system to comply with relevant aspects of Mars Global Lab standard (based on ISO 17025).
- Support internal and external laboratory audits. Define action plan from audits and responsible for completion of actions. Act as a member of the internal auditor team for QMP and HSE.
- Minimum degree educated in a scientific discipline (Biology or Chemistry)
- Professional qualification in health and safety such as IOSH or NEBOSH certification and Quality Management systems is preferred.
- Experience in motivating/leading a team
- Must have experience of working within an industrial or research laboratory.
- Direct line management experience is preferred but not a requirement.
At Mars we invest in people and really give them the freedom to fly. So if we've just described you and your career aspirations, to apply, please click on the link below. Please note our application process must be completed on a desktop/laptop as it is not mobile friendly.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.