Software Development Manager (SOA, Data, BI)
The Bridge IT is partnering with a global market leading organisation to recruit a Software Development Manager (SOA, BI, Data) as part of an expansion within IT. This role will suit someone who is currently leading a team of Software Developers and looking to bring their leadership skills and experience to inspire and develop others and drive/deliver technical projects.
You will drive development efforts related to Middle Tier systems (Data, BI and integration) and 3rd party packages integrated with the relevant systems. This includes line management of full time employees, onsite contractors and Matrix management of 3rd party off shore development teams as required.
- Lead members of the development team within the project structure, service transition and support areas.
- Support the Head of Middle Tier and Web Development, in day to day management tasks as well as Matrix manage teams in key strategic projects/meetings.
- Manage the interaction of the development team with strategic vendors/partners including offshore development team.
- Lead the technical direction of the development team with the assistance of SMEs and architects. Provide guidance to developers or other members of the technical project team.
- Liaise with business requirement analysts and the user community to develop appropriate system solutions. Ensure the creation of high level technical documentation (eg System Requirement Specifications).
- To support application software by leading investigation of problems and providing fixes.
- To undertake system building activities as required.
- Mentor and coach for the Middle Tier development team.
Essential Skills/Experience Required
- Significant experience analysis experience within an integration/Middleware/data centric environment.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant systems, technology and applications, integration (Oracle Fusion and databases, MQ, ERP systems, Web technologies and SQL)
- Excellent technical written skills.
- Good verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage time effectively according to business needs.
- Data and system migration experience
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of change control and release management would be advantageous.
- Project Management skills.
- Solution architecture experience
This role reports into the Head of Development
- Direct: Approximately 6 direct reports
- Direct: Matrix management of offshore development resource where applicable
- No cost/budget responsibility
- International travel may be required but will be infrequent
In return, our client offers an attractive salary/benefits package and access to soft perks such as free onsite parking, onsite gym, subsidised food-hall and fantastic career progression opportunities. It is definitely an exciting time to join as our client is taking a huge step forward in terms of business and technology investment.