Student Intervention Officer - Wakefield College
Student Intervention Officer
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: GBP21,310 - GBP22,238 per annum - subject to gauge evaluation
Location: Castleford Campus
An opportunity has arisen for a Student Intervention Officer to join our Student Experience department.
As a Student Intervention Officer, you will embed high standards and expectations with the student community and engage with students early who may have barriers to learning and ensuring the right actions are put in place to overcome these through liaison with multiple teams of staff.
As a Student Intervention Officer, you should:
- Be qualified to Level 4
- Hold GCSE grade A* - C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Have experience of successfully negotiating with a range of stakeholders in a pastoral and student support setting
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of supporting post 16 learners within an educational or training setting
- The capability of working sensitively and with empathy with students, staff, parents and other agencies to ensure the wellbeing and success of the individual learner.
- The ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 20 July 2017
Provisional interview date: Week commencing 24 July 2017
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning ???
??? by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.