Oncology Nursing Opportunities with HCA Healthcare UK
Oncology Nursing Opportunities with HCA Healthcare UK's Private Hospitals
Titles: Oncology Staff Nurse, Clinical Research Nurse, Oncology Senior Staff Nurse, Oncology Sister, Oncology CNS (Lung & Breast).
Facilities: Leaders in Oncology Care, Sarah Cannon Research Institute, London Bridge Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital, The Harley Street Clinic & The Lister Hospital.
Oncology Staff Nurse: GBP31,000 - GBP35,000per annum + 9% enhancement for working evenings, nights & weekends.
Clinical Research Nurse: GBP31,000 - GBP35,000per annum
Oncology Senior Staff Nurse: GBP35,000 - GBP40,000 + 9% enhancement for working evenings, nights & weekends.
Oncology Sister: GBP39,000 - GBP45,000 + 9% enhancement for working evenings, nights & weekends.
Oncology CNS: GBP39,000 - GBP45,000 + 9% enhancement for working evenings, nights & weekends.
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Annual Salary Reviews, Private Healthcare Cover for yourself & family, Option to buy & sell annual leave, Pension, Death in Service, Critical Illness Cover, Private GP service, Private Dental Cover, Travel Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Discounts on local restaurants with Tastecard, Discounts on Gym Memberships & more.
About our facilities
Located in some of the most prestigious areas in London, our state of the art facilities deliver world class private healthcare to our patients, working with the latest technology and world class surgeons. Our Oncology care ranges between acute oncology admission and chemotherapy patients, whilst also supporting with palliative and end of life care.
All of our patient rooms are en suite, air conditioned rooms in the aim to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible. We generally work with a 1:3 nurse to patient ratio allowing our nurses to provide the best possible care to our patients. Our nurses are supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals.
HCA Healthcare UK has a strong emphasis on the promotion of a learning environment and you will be encouraged to undertake in-house training and courses to develop yours and the department's expertise. We promote internal progression and as part of our team you will have access to a wealth of training and development opportunities including Post Graduate modules.
As the Staff Nurse you will assess, plan, deliver and implement a high standard of nursing care, ensuring that all individual needs of the patient are met. Working within a team you will be involved in the development of the department and give guidance and support to junior members of the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide the highest standards of quality holistic nursing care using evidence based practice.
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy at all time.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary team in order to provide the best possible experience for our patients.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family's needs
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintain accurate records
- Decontaminate equipment, ensuring it is in good working order
- NMC Registered Nurse
Skills and Experience
- Some experience within an oncology and/or acute medical setting, however candidates able to demonstrate excellent ability to deal with emotionally charged situations and have strong clinical knowledge will be considered
- Demonstrate a good understanding of medical, haematology and oncology nursing.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to develop oncology skills
- Ability to provide a 1st class service that our patients expect
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of IT systems, such as the Microsoft Office suite
About the Individual
As the successful candidate you will be adaptable and able to meet the changing needs of our patients. You will also need excellent communications skills with the ability to be diplomatic and empathetic in highly charged situations is key for this role, so you will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.