Marketing Communications Manager
Marketing Communications Manager
Permanent - Full time
Salary: GBP32,100 - GBP43,300
What it's about
The Marketing Communications Manager plays a vital role within Cambridge English, ensuring marketing activities, initiatives and messaging are closely aligned to high-level business objectives. As Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of large-scale, multi-channel marketing campaigns for the Schools sector, as well as ensuring consistent messaging is applied globally across a range of channels and marketing materials. This will require close collaboration with colleagues across the business and around the world so good communication skills, along with an ability to prioritise, are extremely important. This is a diverse and multi-faceted role within a fast-paced team so the chosen candidate will need to be pro-active and enthusiastic.
What you'll be doing
- Working collaboratively with the Schools sector team to ensure marketing initiatives, activities and channels are closely aligned to high level business objectives.
- Creating and implementing marketing communications plans across all channels including social, digital, print, advertising and events.
- Developing, implementing and project managing global multi-channel marketing campaigns; monitoring and evaluating campaigns to ensure agreed objectives are met; keeping stakeholders up to date with overall project progress and managing risk proactively; ensuring campaign performance is measured against success criteria.
- Working closely with internal colleagues and external agencies to ensure consistent and effective messaging is implemented across all channels and marketing materials globally.
What we're looking for
- A proved experience in a marketing role preferably in the English Language Teaching or international education sector.
- Outstanding project management experience, especially management of complex marketing projects, including planning, prioritisation of tasks, monitoring of progress and reporting.
- Strong track record of working on large-scale, multi-channel marketing campaigns, with a particular passion for digital marketing.
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English.
- Exceptional copywriting skills.
- First-class communication skills.
- Strategic thinker who can understand complex issues and come up with solutions.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise a heavy workload.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Line-management experience desirable.
Who we are
Cambridge English Language Assessment is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Subsidised canteens
- Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 16 July and interviews will be held on 27 July 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description at our website via the button below or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer