Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Social Workers, Children's Social Care
Child Sexual Exploitation Social Workers - Rotherham, South Yorkshire
CSE Social Workers - Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Children and Young People's Services
Children's Social Care, Various locations
Salary details: Up to GBP39,107 (includes basic salary of GBP36,379 + an annual retention payment of GBP2,728) & excellent benefits
Key benefits - Why work for Rotherham?
- Low case loads
- Strong support from Manager
- You will be developed into an excellent practitioner. All Social Care Professionals will be trained extensively in the 'Signs of Safety' operating model (15 day programme) and Restorative Practice approaches
- Early Help provision is strong, which is now reducing the demand for social care and supporting professionals with creative options for service users
- A new menu of 'edge of care' services are being developed, including 'Intensive Adolescent Response' and 'Family Group Conferencing'
- Investment has been secured to ensure our most challenging young people have access to high quality therapeutic support
- Looked After Children are prioritised for CAMHS assessment and intervention
- Career Pathway
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of care
We will listen. We will act. We will do the right things for the right reasons. Will you?
Our vision is for the children and families of Rotherham to routinely experience and describe the services they receive from us, as outstanding. And we intend to do that by putting the child first in everything we do.
Change is happening at Rotherham's Children and Young People's Services. We have restructured and are expanding our workforce at a pivotal time in our history, and are now actively recruiting additional specialist CSE Social Workers to join us. We offer a 'total reward' package which means our social workers and managers are 'well paid, well managed and well developed'. We have secured vital funding for the significant expansion of our workforce, with a strong focus on child protection. We are also in the process of upgrading our administrative capability with much-improved IT systems.
We have restructured to enable us to deploy much smaller teams. This means a greater degree of supervision and a more appropriate caseload level - enabling our practitioners to focus on fewer customers, ensuring those who need us most get the attention they need.
We have invested in training programmes and set out a clear career development pathway. From continuing your professional development with ongoing, practical training, to reaching senior management levels, at Rotherham there is a definite ladder to be climbed for those with talent and ambition. In return we are looking for a real commitment to making a difference to the children and families in need of our care.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
With new leadership in place and a heartfelt commitment to provide a best practice centre of excellence, we are determined to promote a positive, performance-led culture underpinned by plenty of support at all levels. By increasing the number of teams there should be more time to build relationships that matter. We are confident that you will be joining an organisation that is rewarding in every sense. And most importantly, that will serve our community to the highest possible standards.
Our specialist Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) social work team is led by a Service Manager and Team Managers. The team is multi-agency, including health and police. As well as monthly supervision from the managers, the team receives clinical supervision from a trained and experienced therapist. The nature of this area of work is both sensitive and critical for the well-being of some of our most vulnerable children, young people and their families. As part of our restructure and commitment to assigning resources to those who are most in need, our CSE social workers carry a small caseload. This enables them to establish and develop trusting relationships with those they are working with, and to partner effectively with other agencies, including schools, GP surgeries and the police, and also to respond flexibly to the individual needs of children.
As key workers for vulnerable and looked after children, our CSE social workers need to ensure there are robust plans in place which regularly monitor and review risk, need and vulnerability. The team has a weekly risk management and planning meeting to identify and respond to emerging concerns and needs and to develop preventative intervention strategies.
Our CSE social worker positions are career graded so there is a clear pathway as you progress through the bands. As you move up you will meet increasing levels of responsibility, complexity of work and a higher emotional demand. We will offer support every step of the way, and our Practitioner Board gives all our social workers a formal platform to share views and concerns with the service as a whole.
- You will have significant post-qualifying experience of working in child protection and preferably Child Sexual Exploitation protection services.
- You will be confident about carrying out complex risk assessments.
- You will be able to establish and maintain supportive relationships with children and young people suffering or likely to suffer harm through sexual exploitation.
- You will have the expertise to Identify whole-family needs and be involved with exploring different strategies where this will better safeguard children from sexual exploitation.
- You will be capable of developing effective victim profiles, trigger plans and victim engagement plans for children and young people.
- You will carry out complex joint investigations with police colleagues and other professionals.
- You will be able to organise your daily workload independently.
- You will have presented evidence in court.
- You will have experience of carrying out safeguarding investigations in a multi-agency environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate initiative and be able to respond independently to unexpected situations.
- You will be able to negotiate tactfully when dealing with potential conflict.
- You will be capable of accurate reporting and the communication of sometimes complex information to a variety of audiences.
- You will be passionate about maximising a child's life chances and protecting the most vulnerable in our community.
- You will care.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website via the button below to read about working at Rotherham Children and Young People's Service and apply.