Nurse Practitioner - Southampton
We are currently recruiting for Nurse Practitioner to assist in the provision of a quality nurse led service to patients attending our hospital. The role requires you to function autonomously and within your sphere of competency, whilst being supported by more experienced members of staff. You must be able to assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge them or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals and/or seek advice and support from a more experienced member of staff.
Our facility requires an ability to work effectively as part of a multi professional team within a fast pace environment, in line with the protocols and policies of the local Service and Care UK and professional boundaries.
About the Role:
- Managerial Assist the nurse-in charge to prioritise patient care and organise workload.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate use of resources.
- Assist in the orientation and support of new staff to the unit.
- Communication Communicate and liaise with all health care staff internally and external to the unit.
- Ensure that identified lines of communication are maintained with patients, colleagues and external agencies to demonstrate politeness and courtesy and sensitivity promoting the corporate image of Care UK.
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to motivate and persuade others through advanced communication skills.
- Effectively communicate with all patients, relatives, carers and fellow healthcare professionals, ensuring empathy and compassionate care is provided.
- Clinical governance To participate and assist in the systematic monitoring, review and evaluation of service provision through clinical audit.
- To participate and assist in the setting of standards of patient care based on sound research findings.
- Work within Care UK's Clinical Governance framework.
- Take a personal responsibility to maintain NMC/HCPC registration and professional development in line with the expectations of the role.
- Promote clinical excellence and best evidence based practice reflecting Care UK's nursing philosophy.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding patients, families and friends at all times.
- Ensure full and accurate records are maintained and confidentially policy adhered to.
About the Individual:
- 1st level Registered Nurse with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) or registered with own professional body.
- Registered Paramedic - FDSc or BSc qualified and registered with HPCP
- Minor Injury/Ailment modules
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Post registration qualification.
- BLS / ALS / ILS
- Prescriber - v300
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.