Children's Social Workers, Children's Social Care - Rotherham, South Y
Children's Social Workers - Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Children and Young People's Services
Children's Social Care, Various locations
Salary details: Up to GBP39,107 (includes basic salary of GBP36,379 + an annual retention payment of GBP2,728) & excellent benefits
Key benefits - Why work for Rotherham?
- Low case loads
- Strong support from Manager
- You will be developed into an excellent practitioner. All Social Care Professionals will be trained extensively in the 'Signs of Safety' operating model (15 day programme) and Restorative Practice approaches
- Early Help provision is strong, which is now reducing the demand for social care and supporting professionals with creative options for service users
- A new menu of 'edge of care' services are being developed, including 'Intensive Adolescent Response' and 'Family Group Conferencing'
- Investment has been secured to ensure our most challenging young people have access to high quality therapeutic support
- Looked After Children are prioritised for CAMHS assessment and intervention
- Career Pathway
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of care
We will listen. We will act. We will do the right things for the right reasons. Will you?
Our vision is for the children and families of Rotherham to routinely experience and describe the services they receive from us, as outstanding. And we intend to do that by putting the child first in everything we do.
Change is happening at Rotherham's Children and Young People's Services. We offer a 'total reward' package which means our social workers and managers are 'well paid, well managed and well developed'. We have secured vital funding for the significant expansion of our workforce, with a strong focus on child protection. We are also in the process of upgrading our administrative capability with much-improved IT systems.
We have restructured to enable us to deploy much smaller teams. This means a greater degree of supervision and a more appropriate caseload level - enabling our practitioners to focus on fewer customers, ensuring those who need us most get the attention they need.
We have invested in training programmes and set out a clear career development pathway. From continuing your professional development with ongoing, practical training, to reaching senior management levels, at Rotherham there is a definite ladder to be climbed for those with talent and ambition. In return we are looking for a real commitment to making a difference to the children and families in need of our care.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
With new leadership in place and a heartfelt pledge to provide a best practice centre of excellence, we are committed to cultivating a positive, performance-led culture underpinned by plenty of support at all levels. Increasing the number of our teams and upgrading our systems we have reduced caseloads and paperwork, giving our staff more time to dedicate to building relationships that matter. We are confident that you will be joining an organisation that is rewarding in every sense. And most importantly, that will serve our community to the highest possible standards.
We are recruiting Social Workers across levels 2-3, with responsibilities dependent on the level at which you join. All our practitioners will work in the field, carrying out interviews with service users to assess situations and, critically, evaluate risk. As key workers for vulnerable and looked after children, our social workers need to ensure close monitoring of cases, in particular child protection situations, and are likely to be involved in the development of preventative intervention strategies.
Our social worker positions are career graded so there is a clear pathway as you progress through the bands. As you move up you will meet increasing levels of responsibility, complexity of work and a higher emotional demand. We will offer support every step of the way, and our Practitioner Board provides a formal platform to share views and concerns with the service as a whole.
- You will have experience of working with children in need.
- You will be confident about carrying out risk assessments.
- You will be able to organise your daily workload independently.
- You will have presented evidence in court.
- You will have experience of carrying out safeguarding investigations in a multi-agency environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate initiative and be able to respond independently to unexpected situations.
- You will be able to negotiate tactfully when dealing with potential conflict.
- You will be capable of accurate reporting and the communication of sometimes complex information to a variety of audiences.
- You will be passionate about maximising a child's life chances.
- You will care.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website via the button below to read about working at Rotherham's Children and Young People's Services and apply.