Supervising Social Worker
Supervising Social Worker - Maternity Cover - County Durham
Salary of up to GBP31,000 per annum + terrific benefits
An ambitious independent fostering agency in County Durham require a supervising social worker to join their small yet dynamic fostering team on a full-time basis (maternity cover), covering the North East.
You will need to be committed, experienced and driven to succeed in this role. It is desirable that you have prior experience in Fostering, you have prior knowledge of the Looked After Children system and knowledge of the CHARMS database.
- Enthusiastic about Fostering?
- Looking be part of a supportive team?
- Mileage paid at 0.45 ppm
- An interest free car loan up to GBP5,000
- 25 days of annual leave + public holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Further additional benefits
- Recruiting, training, assessing and supporting Foster Carers
- Providing safe placements for foster children and young people
- Working with and building relationships with placing authorities
- Attend fostering panels to present Form Fs and annual reviews on behalf of the organisation
- Supervise the work of foster carers
- Participation in the out of hours rota
You will need to:
- Be a qualified social worker (DipSW/CQSW)
- Have a valid HCPC registration
- Have experience of working with Children and Families in a Social Work background
- Have knowledge of safeguarding child protection practice and procedures
- Have an extensive working knowledge and understanding of the current legislation and frameworks in regards to Children Social Work, Fostering and Adoption
- A full, clean driving licence
Closing Date: 31st July 2017
Want to apply?
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jamil Olweny on or via email for further details