Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - Market Intelligence - London
The global leader in Market Intelligence with over 40 years' experience, providing solutions to some of the largest companies across the world such as Unilever and McDonalds. With offices in over 80 countries worldwide, the client offers superb coverage and market leading solutions, making them the clear market leader in this space globally.
Although they offer such a great brand name and clear stable backing, the area this role lies in is almost a "Start-up" due to the early stages of the operation.
This role lies within a specific department within the company, known as the "Analytics team". This is a brand-new operation for these guys which is the launch of their new analytics tool and dashboard. The solution adds an additional arm to their current top portfolio of products, and helps businesses use Data and Market Intelligence in a number of different ways.
The role will require the successful candidate to be the first Business Development Manager within this team, with a view to grow out a team beneath them in the next 12-18 months. You will be working closely with the Senior Analysts and the Director of Analytics on prospecting, developing key accounts and closing new business within the UK&I and EMEA. An extremely exciting opportunity!
- Delivering against set monthly revenue targets.
- Prospecting, negotiating and closing software/SaaS deals.
- Act in a consultative manner, understanding the client's requirements and presenting the products ROI to prospective clients.
- Working closely with Marketing and the Product department to prepare pitch decks and draft proposals.
- Work with Sales Director and marketing to plan and input on effective lead generation campaigns.
- Build positive long-term relationships in new accounts and by building partner relationships to raise awareness of the company's proposition.
The successful Business Development Manager will possess the following skills and experience:
- University Degree (Bachelor or Master) or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of SaaS/Software sales experience (consultative sell).
- Entrepreneurial spirit, being commercially astute, outcome-focused, curious
- A genuine passion for understanding what makes consumers tick, and how the product can provide ROI for the client.
- Demonstrable track record of consistently over achieving sales results.
- Strong prospecting skills including previous experience of working on RFP submissions.
- Shows excellent attention to detail.
- Powerpoint, Word and Excel skills required.
- Passionate about customer service and quality of service.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to (see below) in the first instance.