Locum Social Worker/AMHP
Newham Council are currently looking for a Locum Social Worker/AMHP to join their Community Mental Health Team.
* To participate in a full and flexible manner in the provision of services to vulnerable adults with complex mental health support needs and their carers, using appropriate resources of the Council, the Health Trust, the local community, non statutory organisations and primary care.
* To participate in the assessment or care management service in conjunction with other professionals in the team. To participate in the Approved Mental Health Professional rota, ensuring that an effective and sensitive service is provided at all times, with full documentation logged and distributed as appropriate.
* To maintain a high standard of record keeping and completion of the necessary administrative procedures both via our local IT recording system, and use of word and excel.
* To provide effective Care Act assessments, care planning and care management service to adults with high mental health social needs, including joint assessments as appropriate.
* To offer practical advice to vulnerable adults and their carers on a range of matters including housing, health and welfare rights - ensuring that specialist advice is made available if necessary. To carry out carers' assessments where appropriate.
* To liaise and consult with service users, carers, and colleagues based within CMHTs and with a range of statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure provision of appropriate services to service users.
* To maintain close links with hospital and respite care facilities to ensure that appropriate plans for discharge to the community are made and followed through.
* Willingness to train as AMHP's and/or maintain and enhance practice through further training and development.
* To ensure that administrative procedures are followed in order that accurate initial assessments are made of service users' situations, and that these are passed routinely to your manager.
Why choose Charles Hunter Associates?
* Your own dedicated specialist consultant
* Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across 180 authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
* Prompt and reliable payroll which runs weekly
* Free access to our online social work training portal with CPD materials - worth GBP500 a year
* Pay rate GBP32.00 per hour
* Free DBS and compliance service
* GBP250 referral fee if you refer a friend or colleague looking for work
You must have:
* HCPC registration
* Clear, Enhanced DBS
If you wish apply or would like a detailed Job Description, please contact Emily Game or . Alternatively, you can apply through the website. Managers are looking to interview shortly, so please do not hesitate to give me a call!