Registered Nurse (Part-time) Acute Ward - SYS-19046
Our client is the UK's largest private hospital group with 59 Hospitals and treatment centres nationwide. They currently have over 10,000 staff and are a magnet for the best healthcare professionals who are looking to grow and advance within their careers.
Their Birmingham hospital are currently looking for a Registered General Nurse to join their Acute ward team. The hospital is a 118 Bed facility with 15 consulting rooms. 5 theatres and 6 critical care beds, the site specialises in cardiac catheterisation, fertility and oncology services.
You will have been working in Ward nursing environment for the last 1-2 years in either a NHS or independent hospital. Working in the private sector you will be expected to provide higher levels of nursing care with a higher nurse to patient ration to allow you to provide top-level nursing care.
The role is Part time 30 hours a week, a mixture of long days, earlies or latest each week with occasional rotated weekends.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the ward nursing team
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- To assist Senior Staff in their management of the hospital's wards and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence
- To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients
- To take charge of the ward in absence of Sister and Senior Staff Nurse
- To provide support and guidance for junior staff members
- To ensure that ward operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable
- To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by staff
- To ensure that all Health and Safety policies and other relevant legislation procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as is reasonably practicable
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits
- To act as a resource for all bank and agency staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- To assist in other wards or departments as required by the Director of Clinical Services
- To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service
The role is offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
25 Days paid Annual leave + Bank holidays
Defined Contribution Pension scheme up to 4.5% matched by employer
Private Medical insurance
Bi-annual health Screening
Family and Friends Discount on services
If you're interested in this role please call us on [... Click Apply...]or click apply.
Team 24 - Apply Online is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.