Occupational Therapist - Community Mental Health Team - Bexley
Occupational Therapist - Community Mental Health Team - Bexley - Pan London
We are currently looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join the Older People's Intensive Home Treatment Team in Bexley. The successful Occupational Therapist will be providing Occupational Therapy to service users and their carers. The Occupational Therapist will follow the OT care pathway by undertaking effective assessment, intervention and discharge planning.
Part time: Tuesday-Friday
The Occupational Therapist will work in conjunction with OT on the other wards, the Band 3 Technical Instructors and the ward multi-disciplinary team, to plan, develop and evaluate OT and Multi-Disciplinary services provided. The post holder will be an OT resource for the MDT and ensure Falls Risk Assessments are effectively completed by the Nursing Team.
Benefits of the role???
- 3 month initial contract
- Excellent rates of pay
- Broaden experience in acute setting by working within the medical team and treating a variety of different patient needs
- Working in a proactive and collaborative team
- Fast paced environment
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get GBP200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- To manage a caseload of service users with complex mental health needs, taking on the role of Care Co-ordinator and/or vocational lead where relevant
- To work with service users to identify OT goals as part of the multi-disciplinary care plan, using specialist mental health & OT assessment tools & treatment techniques
- To work with service users in a variety of settings in order to provide the most effective assessment & interventions
- To plan & implement service user led individual and/or group interventions, using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals
- To ensure service users health, social, cultural and spiritual needs are considered at all times
- To assess for and provide equipment to enhance independence in daily living skills for service users with a physical disability in addition to their mental health needs
- To monitor, evaluate and modify home and day treatment in order to measure progress and identify outcomes
- To manage effective discharge ensuring service user and all relevant agencies are given relevant information
- To contribute to and carry out risk assessment & risk management plans
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of allied health positions across the UK
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get GBP200 for each Allied Health Professional you refer who we successfully place
- "Find your own job" bonus - get GBP200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy