Management Accountant, London
Role: Management Accountant
Salary: GBP28,000 - GBP32,000
The primary purpose of the Management Accountant role is to be responsible for the monitoring of the progress, audits, financial reporting and completion of the project billing of contracts.
- To be accountable for the monitoring of the progress of projects
- Prepare quarterly the claim for defrayed cost and submission to the funder
- To be responsible for the project billings, ensuring that clients are issued invoicing instructions on time and payments paid on time.
- To work closely with the Project manager
- To provide hands on guidance and track costs vs budget and carry out reconciliations
- Cover all financial aspects of the project
- Business Partnering with non - finance managers to develop and maintain processes and the understanding of financial requirements
- Ensures financial information is completed in accordance with project's financial timetables
- To investigate and answer routine queries arising from Budget Holders, Management and other staff as well as stakeholders
- To ensure the funded projects retain robust audit trails for internal and external audit, ensuring that they meet client and other stakeholders' requirements
- Communicate with honesty and integrity and create a new level of thing that will realise results
- Maintaining all relevant income and expenditure on this project
- And carry out all other activities as deemed necessary by manager
Challenges and Relationships
- Working with the finance team in a collaborative way which fuels a healthy dynamic team
- To be aware of company policy and relevant legislation (principally the Data Protection Act) with regard to Client/staff confidentiality and communicate appropriately
- Managing supplier expectations re: payments and delivery
- Ensuring deadlines are met through completion of transactions, analysis of project submission as instructed.
- Being able to simplify / communicate complex financial information to non-finance staff and stakeholders across the company.
- To ensure that work is performed in accordance with company processes and procedures.
- To be able to work in a busy office environment, demanding high levels of concentration while inputting, checking and making calculations, while also coping with frequent interruptions, e.g. stakeholders.
- To sometimes work irregular hours to meet the finance accounting service commitment to internal and external clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- Part Qualified or Qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA accountant.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a finance or accounting function
- Demonstrable ability to manage and supply effective, credible and accurate financial information and analysis and an ability to operate effectively under pressure
- Above average IT skills with experience of a variety of accounting systems
- Demonstrate sound work ethics, judgement, tact, flexibility, loyalty and commitment to the company together with the ability to resolve financial issues and solution identification where substantial levels of judgement are required.