Big Data Architect Manager -London/M4 Corridor or Manchester base. GBP65
Leading consultancy in the TMT space is seeking consulting practitioner to help shape the future of their clients in the Communications, Electronics, High Tech, Media and Entertainment industries to maximize the opportunities made possible by the convergence of communications, content and computing.
Geographically mobile within the UK, you will embark on a fast-paced, dynamic and rewarding career path where no two days are ever the same. Our client's culture is focused on providing you with the tools and opportunities to establish yourself as an industry leader and the opportunity to work with technology and business stakeholders (up to board level) to shape the IT solution and landscape that will be rolled out to deliver key business objectives and strategies.
We are looking for someone with specialist big data skills who can architect a big data solution in order to precisely meet a customer's requirements. The candidate should have the expertise to be able to architect the solution end to end from extracting the source data to providing the right people and/or systems with the insight required in order to achieve the business outcomes. The candidate will have a sound understanding of when and how to use different platforms for analytics, visual analytics and big data platforms.
As a big data manager, you'll be responsible for guiding the full life cycle of a big data solution.
- Use case and business case development
- Vendor landscape and technology assessment across all the architecture layers (covering vendors such as Cloudera, Tableau, QlikView, hortonworks etc)
- Solution architecture formulation (including role of conventional information management platforms)
- Proof of concept execution to prove the value of Big Data use cases
- Full life cycle implementation from requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment
- We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to provide thought leadership, solution architecting and implementation experience for robust Big Data solutions for big data opportunities
- Deep experience across systems integration, information management, data management and business analytics
- Experience with large-scale, multi-release information centric projects
- End to end implementation of a big data project including data quality, data integration, NoSQL, predictive analytics
- Ability to support business development activities to articulate our client's Big Data Platform technical capabilities and help shape and communicate proposed solutions to client executives and architects
- A professional, constructive and reliable approach to work; a team-player who is equally comfortable in small to large teams, working closely day to day with our clients on site
- Strong presentation and communication skills; able to present complex ideas and solutions to audiences of varying levels
- Insights on key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry.
- An ability to inspire teams to deliver to a high standard in a suitable timefram
- Experience understanding team strengths, and the ability to coach and develop others