Educational Development Manager
Pension contribution of 7.5% (up to GBP2,587 per annum)
Paid travel ticket after one year's service, worth up to GBP3,663 per annum
Discretionary bonus scheme
We are seeking an experienced qualified teacher, who has ideally taught Economics, Finance or Business Studies, and is interested in an exciting new challenge leading our Education Development team.
You will be playing a key role in our education strategy by:
- leading and managing the CISI's Educational growth strategy for schools and universities
- Identifying schools and colleges to promote the CISI Schools qualifications to, and managing the programme of work experience opportunities in the industry we offer students
- Delivering CISI qualifications to schools as required
- Overseeing the design and delivery of training and the ongoing mentoring for teachers at schools which offer the CISI qualifications
- Managing a team of three people and providing secretariat duties to the Educational Trust
This role will be based at our City of London office and will involve some UK travel.
You will need to be:
- an experienced teacher with a proven track record of teaching Economics, Business Studies or Finance in Secondary schools
- energetic, innovative and self-motivating
- highly organised and skilled at prioritising their own workload as well as the ability to co-ordinate and deliver projects on time and to budget
- a confident communicator with the personal and professional skills to engage, support and motivate teachers, and build successful relationships with a wide range of people
- able to demonstrate excellent office IT skills e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The following would be an advantage, but is not essential:
- Line management experience
- Experience of the financial services sector
- Development work e.g. examiner work, designing courses or developing projects in school
This role is subject to full referencing including a DBS and credit check.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, which includes:
- 7??% company pension contribution into a personal pension, in addition to your own contribution of 1??% via salary exchange
- Life insurance and income protection insurance
- A sports club subsidy
- 26 days leave per annum (which includes three days at Christmas)
- After one year's service, private medical insurance cover, annual travel insurance cover and a paid annual travel ticket, which is worth between GBP1,350pa and GBP3,663pa depending on where you live and the cost of your annual ticket
Please send your CV to Karen Dalton, Assistant Director, HR via the button below.
For more information on the CISI, please see our website.
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment is the leading professional body for securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals. Formed in 1992 by London Stock Exchange practitioners, we have a global community, which aims to promote high standards of competence and integrity to more than 40,000 members in 116 countries. We are also the main examining body for the industry, offering our internationally recognised exams globally.