Project Engineer - Robotics and Military Vehicles
Our client provides specialist engineers in the Defence Environment. They now have need of a Project Engineer who will become part of the team providing full spectrum technical support to their UK and overseas customers.
The Project Engineer is required to undertake through life sustainment and enhancement activities on specialist robotic systems. This wide ranging role blends hands on engineering with elements of integrated logistic support and production certification of UK military vehicles.
Project Engineer - Permanent - Coventry - GBP40,000 - GBP45,000 per annum
- Provide full spectrum technical support to internal and external system users
- Become Engineering's first point of contact and route to SME involvement
- Provide first level knowledge and advice on operation and maintenance
- Monitor system availability, usage and defect arising's
- Carryout defect investigations
- Identify corrective action options
- Propose solutions
- Identify and propose system enhancements
- Support change implementation through Release to Service and beyond
- A platform level maintainers or systems engineers with hands on experience of defining and delivering support solutions for UK military vehicles
- Higher level qualification in engineering, mathematics, physics or other appropriate discipline
- Platform level engineering in support of in-service military vehicles
- Design approval and configuration control processes
- Interpretation and review of design data and technical publications
- Fault finding and defect analysis on installed systems
- Development of modification proposals
- Definition and performance of system level functional and qualification testing
- Fleet/usage monitoring and trend analysis
- Project management and delivery of modification programmes
- Release to Service processes
- Degree level qualification in engineering, mathematics, physics or other appropriate discipline
- Vehicle and System design experience
- Experience of the preparation and maintenance of equipment specifications, interface control documents and technical publications.
- Experience of technical estimating and the preparation of Basis of Estimate documents
- Knowledge of UK MOD product life cycle management approaches and terminology
- Knowledge of robotic vehicles and associated systems
- Requirements management using DOORS
- Environmental qualification to Def Std 00-35
- Safety certification to Def Std 00-56
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Project Engineer - Robotics and Military Vehicles
Salary/Rate: GBP40,000 - GBP45,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo