Our client has highlighted the need to recruit a dynamic Management Accountant located at one of their sites near Braintree, Essex to support the business through the next phase of growth. The role is to provide and interpret financial information to help with managing and developing the business at the operational and finance level whilst improving the controls and processes.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- producing monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- extracting financial information and manipulating to study the key drivers of the businesses performance
- summarise and present findings to management.
- take overall ownership of the ERP system to improve its effectiveness
- perform evaluations and cost benefit analysis to support decision making
- reviewing, documenting and improving operational processes and controls to enhance the integrity of the data together with identifying efficiency gains
- supporting the Finance Director for 25%-50% of the time on other financial tasks and projects within the UK businesses. This will involve occasional travel.
The Successful Applicant
For the successful candidate to excel they will require specific competencies that are encompassed by the desire to add value:
- Quality experience working in financial reporting and management
- Demonstrable ability to lead, challenge and influence all stakeholders
- An ability and readiness to dig down into numbers and processes when needed
- A team player who presents well
- Hands-on, strong attention to detail and ability to self-review
- The ability to highlight commercial and operational opportunities and risks
- Advanced excel skills
- A recognised professional finance qualification (ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage work loads
What's on Offer
The right candidate will be given excellent career progression opportunities, including the ability to lead a small team in the short term and excellent long term prospects within the company which is a member of a global multi-billion-pound turnover group of companies.