Technical Surveyor (Electric)
We are looking for an exceptional Technical Surveyor to join Property Services and Investment team on a permanent basis.
As a key member of our team you will be required to ensure that all electrical fixed wiring within the properties managed by the Group are inspected and repaired according to legislative and industry best practice requirements.
You will be required to undertake the day to day operational activities required to facilitate the management of the electrical fixed wiring contracts and ensure that all remedial actions resulting from inspections or works are completed and that records are suitably updated.
We will look to you to work closely with, amongst others, the Operational Compliance Team to make sure suitable procedures for gaining access to properties are in place, and that all aspects of compliance and audit are adhered to.
This role is being offered on a permanent full time basis and can be based from any of our office locations listed below. Salary scales dependent on location:
- London GBP34,000-GBP40,000
- Borehamwood - GBP34,000-GBP40,000
- West Malling - GBP32,300-GBP38,000
- Haywards Heath - GBP32,300-GBP38,000
- Norwich - GBP30,600-GBP36,000
Your immediate priorities will include:
* Assisting the Operations Manager (Electric) in the reviewing asset data and contracts to inform the development of a consistent management plan and robust contract management model.
* Assist in procuring and implementing appropriate contracts.
* Undertake contractor monitoring and/or site visits as required.
* Assist in implementing and monitoring agreed processes for data capture and management.
You will already have experience of working with electrical fixed wiring inspections within a social housing context as well as an understanding of successful contract management.
We would expect you to hold a strong knowledge of the regulations and standards pertinent to electrical fixed wiring.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Your duties will include:
* Ensuring that any contractors and consultants you work with have effective systems in place to monitor and manage health and safety on site and are in line with the Group's Policy and Procedures
* Monitoring spend against budget and forecast future spend or budget requirements.
* Flagging major works to the Operations Manager (Electric) and assisting in developing suitable referral information.
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
This post is subject to a Basic Criminal Record Check Clearance.
About Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Group formed in 2016, following the merger between two of the country's largest housing associations, Affinity Sutton and Circle Housing Group.
With over 125,000 homes we are the country's largest housing group.
We attract and connect experience and people across every aspect of housing.
We plan and build. We attract people, support people and invest in creating platforms for thriving communities.
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.